» » » » Tired of defending Windows 8.

By: Hugo Repetto Posted date: August 31, 2013 Comments: 0

I am a long time Windows user, I've worked on every Windows OS ever since 3.11. When Windows 8 was officially released, I immediately bought it and upgraded my existing 7 Installation. I was prepared for the worst..made a back-up, copied everything to external HDD's, nothing could go wrong, but I was still worried. Luckily, I was pleasantly surprised. The upgrade process was extremely smooth, fast and easy. It finished within 30 minutes and after the introduction to Windows 8, I was greeted by the heavily criticized Start Menu. I went to desktop mode to check if all drivers survived the upgrade process and they all did. No driver-problems at all. I noticed that this OS felt smoother and faster than 7. It took me about an hour to figure out all the new stuff and after I had gotten used to everything, I was very happy with my new fully functional OS.

 

windows_8_dream_bliss_by_vinis13-d3bjv3j

I am starting to believe that I'm one of the few people around who actually have had this experience. There is so much criticism on this OS, it's almost like it has become a game to hate on Windows 8. The worst thing is, most of the negative remarks are from users who haven't even tried it yet, but are riding along on the 'Fuck Windows 8 and it's lack of a start button'-train. The people who have tried it, hate it because there are some changes they can't or just don't want to get used to, for example the location of the 'shutdown/restart' menu. I know some people have difficulties with changes in general, but really, it isn't that hard to learn. Yes, I agree you shouldn't change a winning team, but I actually believe the start menu and some of the new features like the 'fresh install' option to easily reformat your system are actually improvements. It's all a matter of getting used to. Nevertheless, the bad reviews are endless and the anti-windows 8 circlejerk is gathering more members every day.

So I am getting tired of defending the OS and actually convincing people to give it a try. I sincerely believe this OS has a future, comparable to its stable older brothers XP and 7, but I find myself on a very lonely road. I wouldn't be surprised if my story is downvoted just for me liking the OS, but I wanted to share my thoughts with you. And for those who are doubting to upgrade..give it a try. You might like it.

Edit: This is my opinion about windows 8 on a desktop/laptop, haven't had the chance to try it on a tablet or phone. 

windows8_w8_001-300x299

If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog:

windows_xp

Do you consider this article interesting? Share it on your network of Twitter contacts, on your Facebook wall or simply press "+1" to suggest this result in searches in Google, Linkedin, Instagram or Pinterest. Spreading content that you find relevant helps this blog to grow. Thank you!

stampa la pagina
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Leave a Reply

Do not insert clickable links or your comment will be deleted. Checkbox Send me notifications to be notified of new comments via email.

My Favorites in Instagram

Catan, Games, Windows 10 Office 2013, Windows, Microsoft Windows 8, Keyboard, Microsoft Windows Phone 8, Microsoft, Mobile windows 7, apps, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft, Upgrade Windows Store, Apps, Microsoft Avidemux, Musica, Multimedia Windows, Silverlight, Microsoft Windows 7, Migration, Windows Vista

Recent Posts

Find Us On Pinterest

Labels

Find Us On Facebook

Popular Posts

Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com follow us in feedly

Random Posts